Post-Grant for Practitioners: 2019 Year in Review
From the establishment of the PTAB Precedential Opinion Panel to an updated Trial Practice Guide to a decision throwing the constitutionality of PTAB appointments into question, 2019 was a busy year in post-grant practice. Join Fish Principals and Post-Grant Practice Co-Chairs Dorothy Whelan and Karl Renner as they take a closer look at the most significant developments in post-grant jurisprudence from 2019 and their impact on practitioners. Dorothy and Karl discuss:
- PTAB statistics and trends
- The PTAB’s Precedential Opinion Panel and some of the decisions it designated this year
- Important Federal Circuit and Supreme Court decisions, including:
- Celgene Corp. v. Peter
- Arthrex, Inc. v. Smith & Nephew, Inc.
- Return Mail, Inc. v. United States Postal Service
- What to watch for in 2020
Download a copy of the slides here.