Post Grant for Practitioners Webinar | Post-Grant 101
The Patent Trial and Appeal Board (PTAB) is now the most active forum for patent disputes, surpassing even the Eastern District of Texas in the number of cases it handles. This is largely due to the advantages post-grant proceedings offer over traditional patent litigation, such as lower costs and shorter timelines. With the sharp increase in post-grant proceedings in the wake of the America Invents Act (AIA), post-grant considerations are now a major component of a well-developed patent strategy. In this webinar, Fish attorneys Rick Bisenius and Karan Jhurani as they provide an overview of post-grant law and procedure, including:
- The options for challenging patent validity through post-grant proceedings, including inter partes review (IPR), post-grant review (PGR), and ex parte reexamination.
- What the PTAB is and who its judges are
- The interplay between IPR and district court litigation
- Discovery during IPR and PGR
- Oral hearings for IPR and PGR proceedings
- Recent developments in the exercise of discretionary denial of IPR petitions by the PTAB
Download a copy of the slides here.