Consero 2019 Global IP Management Forum
Sunday, June 2nd, 2019, 2:00 pm EDT
Join Fish at the Consero 2019 Global IP Management Forum
Fish attorneys Gwilym Attwell (Delaware), Corrin Drakulich (Atlanta), and Tracy Hitt (Atlanta) will moderate three separate panels, and Gwilym will serve as forum chair, at Consero’s Global IP Management Forum, June 2-4, in Atlanta, GA.
Fish is a proud supporter of this three-day invitation only event, where attendees can network with senior in-house counsel, and learn proven strategies to improve your business. To learn more, click here. Panel details are below.
The Evolving Role Of The Chief IP Counsel: Elevating Your IP Strategy
Sunday, June 2, 1:30-2:30PM
- How has the role of Chief IP Counsel changed over the last year? What new competencies are required to be successful in the role?
- How have you been able to achieve buy-in from your management team to make IP a critical consideration in setting business strategy?
- What challenges have you experienced post-GDPR, and how have you minimized disruptions to business processes?
Moderator: Corrin Drakulich, Principal, Fish & Richardson
- Margaret Baumgartner, Chief Patent & Intellectual Property Counsel, Genesys
- Marcus Delgado, Assistant General Counsel, Cox Enterprises
- Toni Hickey, Chief Intellectual Property Counsel, Cummins
- Judy Jarecki-Black, Head, Patent Prosecution & Patent Litigation, Boehringer Ingelheim Animal Health
- Nancy Klembus, Vice President, Innovation, Global Intellectual Property, Domtar
- Ainslee Schreiber, Associate General Counsel and Principal Counsel, Intellectual Property, WeWork
A View From The Trenches Of The PTAB: Strategies For Patent Owners (And Patent Applicants)
Sunday, June 2, 3:30-4:40PM
Since 2012, over 7,950 Inter Partes Review (IPR) and Post-Grant Review (PGR) petitions have been filed to challenge the validity of patents. In this interactive session, Fish’s Principal Gwilym Attwell will discuss high-level strategies important to Patent Owners defending their patents. He will discuss strategies for avoiding institution, considerations when facing institution, and settlements. Gwilym will also provide practical lessons for drafting patent applications that maximize the patent owner’s chance of success when facing a challenge at the PTAB.
Moderator: Gwilym Attwell, Principal, Fish & Richardson
Investing In The Future Of Intellectual Property
Monday, June 3, 8:00-9:00AM
- What can we do to make the IP ecosystem more efficient and effective?
- What opportunities exist to change the way IP is developed and used throughout the world?
- How will IP be used to inspire, innovate, and finance new decades of creativity?
- Hear what the state of GA is doing to redefine the landscape:
- How are you dealing with the uncertainty of IP?
- What are you doing to maximize the value of your IP?
Moderator: Tracy Hitt, Principal, Fish & Richardson
- Joe Benz, Chief Intellectual Property Counsel, Ford Motor Company
- Scott Frank, President and Chief Executive Officer, Intellectual Property, AT&T
- Caroline Kinsey, General Counsel and Vice President of Compliance & Brand Protection, OnTel Products Corporation
Consero’s Global IP Management Forum
June 2-4, 2019
Intercontinental Buckhead Atlanta
3315 Peachtree Rd. NE, Atlanta, GA