Consero 2017 IP Forum for Life Sciences
Sunday, December 3rd, 2017
Fish attorneys Corrin Drakulich (Atlanta), Gwilym Attwell, (Delaware) and Todd Garcia (Boston), will moderate three separate panels, and Gwilym will serve as conference chair, at Consero’s 2017 IP Forum for Life Sciences event, December 3-5, in Newport Beach, CA.
Fish is a proud supporter of this three-day event, where attendees can network with senior in-house counsel, and learn proven strategies to improve your business. Panel details are below.
Sunday, December 3, 2:00-3:00PM
Establishing Your IP Strategy As Part Of The Business
- How do you communicate the inner-workings of your patent strategy to those in the company who lack a legal background?
- How do you work with your management team to make sure your IP strategy complements the overall business strategy?
- How can you more fully incorporate your IP team and outside counsel into the business?
- How have you worked effectively with the Office of the CEO—as well as HR, Legal, and Communications—to supervise change initiatives and supply IP-specific guidance?
Moderator: Todd Garcia, Principal, Fish & Richardson
Krys Corbett, GC and Sr. Director of BD, ORIC (Overcoming Resistance in Cancer)
James DeZazzo, Corporate IP Counsel, Dart Neuroscience
Elizabeth Howard, Executive VP and GC, Arbutus Biopharma
Tom McLean, IP Counsel, Nimbus Therapeutics
Charlene Stern, VP Legal, Editas Medicine
Sunday, December 3, 4:00-5:00PM
KnowledgeBridge: A View From The Trenches Of The PTAB: Strategies For Patent Owners (And Patent Applicants)
Since 2012, over 750 Inter Partes Review (IPR) and Post-Grant Review (PGR) petitions have been filed to challenge the validity of life sciences patents. In this interactive session, Fish principal Gwilym Attwell will discuss high-level strategies important to Patent Owners defending their patents. He will discuss strategies for avoiding institution, considerations when facing institution, and settlements. Gwilym will also provide practical lessons for drafting patent applications that maximize the patent owner’s chance of success when facing a challenge at the PTAB.
Moderator: Gwilym Attwell, Principal, Fish & Richardson
Tuesday, December 5, 8:30-9:30AM
The Most Important Cases of 2017 & Perspectives On 2018
- What were the most noteworthy cases from 2017, and what were your lessons learned?
- What are the implications of recent rulings on your global IP portfolio? Have they affected your overall IP strategy?
- What upcoming decisions are on your radar? How have they changed your approach for IP in 2018?
Moderator: Corrin Drakulich, Principal, Fish & Richardson
Scott Alban, VP, Global IP, AstraZeneca
Sanjesh Sharma, IP Counsel, Johnson & Johnson Vision
Julia vom Wege, Senior Counsel, IP, Bristol-Myers Squibb