Post-Grant for Practitioners: A monthly series of webinars focusing on developments in post-grant proceedings and related practice tips.
Since September 16, 2012, patent practitioners have been paying close attention to post-grant proceedings – methods of challenging patent validity at the United States Patent and Trademark Office. Fish & Richardson is one of the most active firms in filing and advising on post-grant matters, and on February 13, 2013, kicked-off a webinar series designed to share practice tips, nuances, observations, and strategy. Information on previous webinars in this series is included below, with the most recent appearing first.
2017 WEBINAR SERIES:
More than 150 PTAB appeals have been decided by the Federal Circuit since 2012. Fish Principals John Dragseth and Rob Courtney discussed recent PTAB cases on appeal at the Federal Circuit and the impact of those decisions on post-grant practice. Additional topics included:
- Recent statistics and trends
- Case law developments at the PTAB and Federal Circuit
- Notable decisions, including Shaw
- Best practices and guidance for practicing before the Federal Circuit
To download the PDF presentation, please click here.
In 2016, the Patent Trial and Appeal Board (PTAB) was again a forum of choice for challenging patentability of claims. In fact, it currently tops the Eastern District of Texas as the #1 venue for patent disputes in 2016. Fish Principals and Post-Grant Practice Co-Chairs, Karl Renner and Dorothy Whelan, took a look back on significant developments from the past year. The discussion included:
- PTAB statistics and trends
- New rules for post-grant proceedings
- Developments in biopharma IPRs
- Decisions and case law developments at the PTAB and Federal Circuit
- The Shaw decision and estoppel
- What to watch for in 2017