Principal | Dallas | 214-292-4030 | email@example.com
Wes Musselman is a Principal in the Dallas office of Fish & Richardson P.C. His practice emphasizes patent prosecution and patent litigation. Mr. Musselman has extensive experience managing intellectual property portfolios, licensing matters, and intellectual property litigation. Mr. Musselman was a United States Patent Examiner examining in the mechanical arts.
Wes was named one of the top 3,000 lawyers in the nation for 2006 by Lawdragon.com, and has been named a Super Lawyer for Intellectual Property multiple times. Super Lawyers identifies the top 5 percent of attorneys in each state, as chosen by their attorney peers and through the independent research of Law & Politics. He was also selected by the members of the Dallas bar as one of the “Best Lawyers in Dallas” in the field of Intellectual Property Law in 2005 and 2007, as reported in D Magazine.
- United States Patent and Trademark Office 1984
- Texas 1987
- North Carolina
- United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth CircuitUnited States District Court for the Northern District of Texas
Memberships and Affiliations
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- American Bar Association (Intellectual Property Law Section)
- Texas Bar Association (Intellectual Property Law Section)
- Dallas Bar Association
Selected Speeches and Publications
- Speaker, with Stephen Pinkos, Deputy Director of the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, on the impact of the proposed new Patent Office rules at a Dallas Technology Business Council presentation (December, 2006).
- Speaker on Indirect Infringement at the 8th Annual Advanced Patent Law Institute, Austin, TX (October 29-21, 2003).
- The Supreme Court Agrees to Review the Federal Circuit’s Festo Decision, Corporate Counsel (September 2001).
Awards and Honors
- 2013 Top Rated – AV® Preeminent™ Lawyers in Intellectual Property Law
- 2013 “IP Star” by Managing Intellectual Property
- Patent Examiner, U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- BS, University of Virginia 1981
with high distinction, Tau Beta Pi
- JD, University of Virginia School of Law 1987