Principal | Twin Cities | 612-337-2569 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Michael T. Hawkins is a Principal in the Twin Cities office of Fish & Richardson. His practice emphasizes US and foreign patent portfolio strategy and management, patent reexaminations/post-grant proceedings, patentability analysis, clearance investigations, intellectual property licensing and agreements, due diligence investigations, and pre-suit investigations. His work also focuses on strategic counseling for emerging companies to develop a comprehensive approach to intellectual property, such as conducting freedom-to-operate studies, obtaining patent protection in the United States and abroad, and planning defensive and offensive strategies. In addition, he is a specialist in patent reexaminations/inter partes reviews/post-grant proceedings, representing both patent owners and third party challengers in numerous proceedings.
- Minnesota 2004
- United States Patent and Trademark Office 2005
Selected Speeches and Publications
- “Implementing Strategies for an Offensive Patent Portfolio,” Journal of Industrial Biotechnology, Vol. 6, No. 3 (2010) pp. 141-43.
- “Prosecution Laches in the Wake of Symbol Technologies: What is ‘Unreasonable and Unexplained’ Delay?” 87 Minn. L. Rev. 1621 (2003).
- BS, University of Minnesota 2000
with high distinction
- JD, University of Minnesota Law School 2004
magna cum laude
- Managing Editor, Minnesota Law Review