Principal | Boston | 617-368-2104 | email@example.com
Michael Hamlin is a Principal in the Boston office of Fish & Richardson and is a member of the firm’s strategic medical device industry group and is the Boston office’s recruiting principal. His practice emphasizes patent prosecution, opinions, due diligence projects, and licensing, in the areas of medical devices and mechanical engineering, including sporting goods, consumer products, machine tools, machine tools, and transportation.
Mr. Hamlin has extensive experience conducting and managing freedom-to-operate studies and drafting noninfringement/invalidity opinions in a wide range of technology areas. Additionally, he has conducted and managed a large number of intellectual property due diligence projects to assist clients with determining the value of intellectual property to be acquired in connection with mergers and acquisitions. His portfolio management experience has enabled his clients to develop robust portfolios that deliver value back to the business and protect their intellectual property. Additionally, Mr. Hamlin has experience negotiating and drafting license agreements for his clients.
Somewhat uniquely, Mr. Hamlin is frequently involved in patent litigation matters, which has provided him with valuable experience to better advise his clients in all areas of his practice.
- Massachusetts 2003
- United States Patent and Trademark Office 2003
Memberships and Affiliations
- National Advisory Board of the NALP Foundation
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Boston Patent Law Association
Awards and Honors
- Mr. Hamlin was recently interviewed about the impacts of the America Invents Act – see Patents Pending.
- BS, University of Alabama at Huntsville 2000
- JD, University of Michigan Law School 2003
- Michigan Telecommunications and Technology Law Review