Martina Tyreus Hufnal
Principal | Delaware | 302-778-8471 | email@example.com
Martina Tyreus Hufnal is a Principal in the Delaware office of Fish & Richardson. Her practice focuses on intellectual property litigation and covers a wide range of technologies. Ms. Hufnal has experience in all aspects of litigation, including case assessment, electronic document collection and production, managing teams handling fact and expert discovery, settlement strategy, and trial work.
Ms. Hufnal has handled cases in the areas of chemicals, life sciences, and medical devices. Ms. Hufnal focuses her practice in the United States District Courts and has appeared in United States District Courts across the country. Ms. Hufnal has also practiced before the Federal Circuit Court of Appeals. Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Hufnal clerked for the Honorable Judge Sue L. Robinson in the United States District Court of Delaware for a year and practiced intellectual property litigation in Delaware for four years.
- United States Patent and Trademark Office 2006
- United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- United States District Court for the District of Delaware
- The Honorable Sue L. Robinson, United States District Court for the District of Delaware, 2005 - 2006
Memberships and Affiliations
- American Bar Association
- Intellectual Property Owners Association
- American Institute of Chemical Engineers
- Delaware State Bar Association
- American Intellectual Property Association
- Federal Bar Association
- Executive Board Co-Chair Federal Civil Panel Section (2011-2013)
- Federal Bar Association, Executive Board Co-Chair Intellectual Property Section (2013-2014)
Selected Speeches and Publications
- "H.R. 2391: Protecting Universities in Collaborative Research," 82 Wash. U.L.Q. 557 (2004).
- Co-Editor: F. Scott Kieff, Perspectives on Properties of the Human Genome Project, published by Academic Press, December 2003.
- Co-Author: Jack Hicks & M. Tyreus, "Patent Reform 2007: Important Changes are Coming for U.S. Patent Law," Furniture Executive, American Home Furnishings Alliance (November 2, 2007).
Awards and Honors
- Recognized by Super Lawyers as a Rising Star (2014).
- AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rated (2014)
- BSCE, University of Delaware 2002
Alumni Award for Excellence
- JD, Washington University School of Law 2005
Dean's List; Scholar in Law; Honor Scholar Award
Executive Notes Editor, Washington University Law Quarterly