Lawrence K. Kolodney
Principal | Boston | 617-521-7002 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Lawrence Kolodney is a Principal in the Boston office of Fish & Richardson and chair of the firm’s Pro Bono Committee. His practice emphasizes intellectual property litigation and counseling, and patent prosecution. Mr. Kolodney has a particular interest in Internet law and technologies.
- Massachusetts 1990
- United States Patent and Trademark Office 1999
- The Honorable Benjamin Kaplan, Retired Justice of Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court recalled to Massachusetts Appeals Court, 1990 - 1991
- The Honorable Nancy Gertner, United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts, 1994 - 1996
Memberships and Affiliations
- Graduate of National Institute of Trial Advocacy Intensive Trial Skills Program (1999).
- Co-instructor for Patent Litigation Workshop at Harvard Law School, Spring 2013, with Bob Hillman and Frank Porcelli of the Boston Office.
- Adjunct faculty member at Suffolk law school co-teaching "Patent Law" with Robert Hillman (2001-2002).
Selected Speeches and Publications
- Presented "Business Method Patents: What You Don't Know Can Hurt You" as panelist at Massachusetts Software Council "Hot Topics" Program (1999).
Awards and Honors
- Selected by his peers to be included in The Best Lawyers in America for his work in the practice areas of Litigation - Intellectual Property and Litigation - Patent (since 2013).
- Recognized as a 2013 Top Rated - AV® PreeminentTM Lawyers in Intellectual Property Law.
- Selected to Super Lawyers Massachusetts, Intellectual Property 2004 and 2013. Listed in Best Lawyers for Litigation, Intellectual Property and Litigation, Patent (2012).
- Named Pro Bono Attorney of the Year by the Political Asylum and Immigration Representation Project (2004).
- Named as one of Boston's "Forty Under Forty" by the Boston Business Journal (October, 2002).
- SB, Massachusetts Institute of Technology 1987
- SM, Massachusetts Institute of Technology 1987
- JD, Harvard Law School 1990