Jeremy J. Monaldo
Principal | Washington, DC | 202-783-5070 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Jeremy J. Monaldo is a Principal in Fish & Richardson’s Washington, DC*, office. His practice supports contentious inter and ex parte post grant work, and patent prosecution. In particular, Jeremy’s practice emphasizes prosecuting patent applications, reexamination requests and post grant petitions, and patent-related opinions in the electrical and computer arts. Jeremy has been named as counsel in more than 30 IPR proceedings and has been involved in counseling on IPR strategy in numerous other matters, including several presently ongoing matters that may result in IPR petitions being filed. In addition, Jeremy has been involved in over twenty reexamination proceedings before the USPTO, often with co-pending litigation.
In addition, he has experience as an Electrical Engineer with the National Institutes of Health (2003). Mr. Monaldo was an Undergraduate Teaching Fellow for the University of Maryland for a course in C programming (2000-2001).
*Admitted only in Maryland. Practice in Washington, D.C. limited to matters and proceedings before federal courts.
- United States Patent and Trademark Office 2006
- Maryland 2007
Selected Speeches and Publications
- Authored "Changes to PTAB’s Interpretation Standard Have Many Uncertain on Post-Grant Filings," article published in The Metropolitan Corporate Counsel on November 28, 2015.
- IP Roundtable for Startups
- Startup Grind Washington DC Hosts Alex Hawkinson (cofounder of SmartThings)
Awards and Honors
- BS, University of Maryland 2002
summa cum laude
- JD, George Washington University Law School 2006
with highest honors, Order of the Coif
Member, The George Washington Law Review