Principal | Washington, DC | 202-626-6380 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Adam Shartzer is a Principal in the Washington, D.C., office of Fish & Richardson. His practice focuses on complex district court and USITC patent litigation across a number of technologies including computer hardware and software, microprocessors, televisions, mobile communication devices, set-top boxes and semiconductor manufacturing processes. Mr. Shartzer litigates cases across the country including the Eastern District of Texas, the Northern District of California, the District of Delaware, the Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit and the United States International Trade Commission. Additionally, he advises clients regarding post-grant review strategy and litigates Inter Partes Review proceedings at the United States Patent and Trademark Office. Mr. Shartzer’s experience includes numerous trial and appellate proceedings, all aspects of discovery and formulation of claim construction and litigation strategies.
Mr. Shartzer also devotes time to representing veterans seeking disability benefits before the United States Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims.
Mr. Shartzer was previously a Judicial Law Clerk to the Honorable Sharon Prost at the United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit (2010-2011). In addition, he served as a Judicial Intern to the Honorable Richard Linn at the United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit (2007-2008), as well as a Judicial Intern to the Honorable Robert L. Barton, Jr., at the United States International Trade Commission (2007). Mr. Shartzer was previously a Summer Associate with Fish & Richardson (2007) and worked as an engineer for Solers, Inc. (2003-2005).
- Georgia 2008
- District of Columbia 2010
- United States Patent and Trademark Office
- United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- United States District Court for the Central District of Illinois
- Georgia Supreme Court
- The Honorable Sharon Prost, United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit, 2010 – 2011
Memberships and Affiliations
- Associate Secretary/Treasurer, Giles S. Rich American Inn of Court.
- Member, American Intellectual Property Law Association.
Selected Speeches and Publications
- 9 Common Pitfalls With Post-Grant Proceedings, Law360, (July 2014)
- Patent Litigation 101: Empirical Support for the Patent Pilot Program’s Solution to Increase Judicial Experience in Patent Law, 18 Fed. Cir. B.J. 191 (2009).
Awards and Honors
- Executive Managing Editor, American Intellectual Property Law Association Quarterly Journal.
- ABA/BNA Award for Excellence in the Study of Intellectual Property Law.
- Marcus B. Finnegan Writing Competition, First Prize.
- George Washington University Law School Moot Court Board.
- BS, University of Virginia 2003
Electrical Engineering, Computer Science minor
- JD, George Washington University Law School 2008